Sunday, February 26, 2012

Always learning.... to crochet Adele's creations!

I'm all about learning and taking courses and a thrive on discovery!
I decided I wanted to take my crochet up a notch, and learn how to make my own creatures and patterns. Why, because Adele comes up with the most intriguing sketches and how cool would that be to make them into reality. So I signed up on Craftsy "Amigurumi: Design Your Own Monster with Stacey Trock "  .


Just for this class alone, I was able to create my own pear..



Adele helped me sketch the pear and pick out the face etc. I think he turned out pretty cute!














Next is Adele's mini monster snow man



This course in amazing and because of Stacey I have learnt so much!!! SO on that note I'm going to show the process that I am going to take to create Adele's latest sketch..
Cyclops Butterfly.. (insert evil mad scientist laugh here)

So here we go. As you can see, mama redrew the creation. Here is my yarn selection. I thought the wings should be multicolor, and in my stash of yarn discovered this skein'o treasure, and can't forget that cup of coffee.. 

and Stacey doesn't know it, but her course is front and center.. just in case I need back-up..