Friday, June 22, 2012

Boomer's Legacy Ride

Last weekend I partook in keep cyclist safe on the highway from Boomer's Legacy..
This ride was emotional and hard to hold back the tears.

This is my second year to be apart of this amazing journey.. The link below is pictures from the ride

http://rimini.weebly.com/2/post/2012/06/boomers-legacy-ride.html

The most emotional part of it all was at the end when we were doing the ceremony.. and this was a banner, with 4 boards attached together.. and all the riders had fallen soldiers on their bikes.. some riders were not able to complete the ride and I was handed one of the fallen.. I can't tell you how suddenly emotional I got..Here in my had was a name not just any name but a name to be placed on a board with all other names of those who would not be coming home.. who would not get to hug a loved one.. who's voice was silenced forever...

As I watch people place the names, some of the riders were personal friends of  the name they were placing.. and that gave it even more of an impact.

I give you the name that I had to place on the board - Cpl. Jamie Murphy
Here is a bit of his story

I did not know him personally, but I am forever grateful for what he and the other fallen did for me and my country.


Also on a side not .. I want to do this ride next year.. if an 88 year old WW2 vet can ride from Comox to Victoria.. what is my excuse?

So looking for people to train with and be apart of this amazing ride.. ANYONE ANYONE..