Thursday, August 19, 2010

Picture taking and Holidays


I had the privilege of having a few days off last weekend..It was awesome and much needed. I went to Canmore to our annual Gathering. It was amazing to meet so many new people, and enjoy the mountains, and be an Albertan again for only a few days.
I have lived in Victoria for over 8 years now.. 8 years I have called it my home, but honestly there is no place, but seeing the red letter licenses and just knowing I was in the province I was raised, well it made me a little home sick ( I SAID A LITTLE )

The Gathering was a good time had by all, and I of course brought the camera along... and there are good things and bad things about bringing your camera...

1. It's fun to capture people in rare moments, or crazy moments
2. Your ALWAYS behind the camera
3. Your the one taking all the pictures
4. Unfortunately your ALWAYS behind the camera, and as your trying to capture moments for everyone else, sometimes you miss out on creating your own. NOT that I am complain, this is what I love to do, it's just your always behind the camera.
5. Your a voyeur that everyone knows about, but learns to ignore you, which allows you to capture the special moments.
6. Have to go threw all the photos that you took, and try to figure out which ones are the good ones.
7. People start to know you as the "girl with the camera attached to her face" or hey didn't recognize you without your camera"

SO all in all .. it's all good.. and I love what I do, and I enjoy seeing the people laugh and smile when they see my pictures, and remember that moment that I captured just for them...

If you would like to see just some of the 3000 pictures I took from my trip you can find them HERE