Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Crochet Octopus... on a roll


So I'm on a roll in making my Octopusesss, I have been playing with different kinds of yarn, but the yarn I have most enjoyed using is Bernat Handicrafter yarn. Easy to crochet with, and makes a nice tight fabric. I'm using a 3.5 mm crochet needle for the head, and a 4.25mm for the legs and mantle piece.

I have been using eyes that I purchased from Etsy - 6060, she carries a variety of safety eyes, and is always fast with delivery... and inexpensive! Double bonus in my books.

As for my hands well it can be challenging, when doing the tight knit, my hands get slippery, and I will need to find a way that I can easily hang-on to the needle without killing my wrists. ANY suggestions would be fantastic on what others do to save their hands from cramping up!