Wednesday, February 2, 2011

20 Hats for a cause



Today I'm about to hand in 20 crochet hats to the hospital for the neo-natal unit.
I'm very excited, a lot of love and time went into each hat. I have been making these hats for a few months now, but these 20 were done in just a couple of weeks.

I have been asked why do I make these hats and not sell them... and this is my reply:
Each hat has love and individuality as every child is different and unique. I was very very lucky to be able to bring my little one home to love and watch her get older and cherish the new memories that she gives me, but there are some moms and dads that don't get to have that privilege, and upon returning home empty handed and tears in their eyes, I want to make sure that they can take home a treasure and memory that for a moment in time they were able to bring into this world a special life that as brief as it was will always be with them.