Monday, November 7, 2011

AFC - new experience

I had the opportunity to be at ringside at an AFC event.
I have always seen events like this on TV, and didn't think to much of it.. yes a bunch of grown men grunting and beating the crap out of each other like kids did after school...

That being said... I have a whole new respect for the sport and it's competitors. What I witnessed threw the lens was amazing drama as well as the best sportsmanship I have ever seen.  After these men beat the crap out of each other, after every fight they would either help each other up, and make sure the opponent was ok. Hugs were given, and thanks for a good fight. Talk of "hey you got me good there" or " are you ok", made me understand why these guys do this.  Yes you want to get your opponent to "tap out", but in the end it's a bunch of grown men having a good time, and enjoying what they like to do...

I do hope I get invited back to take more pictures, I have so much more to learn about this sport, and really would love to be able to capture more then just strength  and ability but also more of the essence of this sport.